The Shangri/Log is the place where you can find new stories every week about the Shangri La Museum of Islamic Art, Culture and Design, an awe-inspiring place in Honolulu.
Originally a home built by heir and philanthropist Doris Duke in the 1930s, Shangri La today is a place where the local community and visitors from around the world come to be inspired and transformed by Duke’s vision, her creative eye as seen through art and architecture, the dazzling natural setting on the shoreline in the shadow of Lēʻahi, and the intricate layers of ideas and knowledge Shangri La presents.
- Want to know more? Here is where you can read about Shangri La and the Doris Duke Foundation.
- Want to come visit? Here is where you can find information about tours.
- Want to get in touch? Here are some ways you can connect with us.
We’re glad you’re here.
– Meredith Artley, Executive in Residence and Interim Executive Director
– Kristin Remington, Associate Curator of User Experience